Thursday, February 6, 2020

testtttttttttt timeeeeeeeeeeee

Today in class we watched a few videos and went over what would be on the upcoming test. After that we watched a few videos on things like mummification and Mr.Nicky. We also found that Mr. Nicky is just a little racist in his Egypt video and his Mesopotamia one was much better. Here are some of the notes I took in class:
  • Jean Francois Champollion translated the Rosetta Stone
  • The Rosetta Stone is in three different languages: Greek, Simple hieroglyphics, complex hieroglyphics
  • Egyptians split papyrus reeds into narrow strips, placed them crosswise in two layers, dampened them, and pressed them. As the papyrus dried, the plants sap glued the strips together into a paper-like sheet 
  • KA- Egyptians believed their king ruled even after his death, and had an eternal life force or ka, which continued to take part in the governing of Egypt.
Those are all the notes I took because I already have the other stuff in my notebook, but I think today was a good review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Last Blog // Letter to my future self

Dear old Gabby, This year has been one of the most surpring and craziest years ever!!!(and it is only the beginning of the year). The begi...