Thursday, May 7, 2020

Rome Rome Rome

Wow!!!!! I didn't know Mr.Schick could rap so well!!! I am surprised and also excited for the album he will make on Western Civ (and maybe some Human Geo). I liked the song because it was fun to listen too, but I also learned some things about Rome I didn't know. Before the rap, I didn't know about the civil war that happened, what a latifundia is, and more. I was also refreshed on my knowledge of what happened to Caesar and how there would be war against Brutus and Cassius, and the triumvirate. The beat the rap had was from apple bottom jeans, which is an iconic song. The PowerPoint about Rome was informative and I learned about the origins of Rome and more about Tarquin. The PowerPoint explained that Tarquin was chased out of Rome for the horrible acts his family had done and Tarquin was the last king of Rome. The PowerPoint talked about how no one could get the favor of the plebeians like Julius Caesar could. Caesar was a successful general and made friend in the lower and upper classes. I wish we were back in school to see Mr. Schick rap, but at least we get to at all. The rap was funny, but it also helped me to understand more about Rome and what we will be learning more about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Last Blog // Letter to my future self

Dear old Gabby, This year has been one of the most surpring and craziest years ever!!!(and it is only the beginning of the year). The begi...