Friday, March 6, 2020

fridayyy fridayyy it is awesome friday

Today in class we took an unexpected pop quiz. I am happy abut it though because I only got one wrong, so I hope it brings my grade up. I need to bring my grade up if I want to at least get a 4.4. I have to keep my GPA up because I want to get into a really ,really, really, good college. We took the last of the notes today on Aristotle. Here they are: Aristotle - was a student of Plato at the Academy
  • he helped foster the idea of Athens as an intellectual destination
  • his school, the Lyceum, focused on cooperative research and building on knowledge gathered from all over the world 
  • he dreamt of having the sum of mankind’s knowledge easily accessed in one location
  • he wrote extensively on such topics as logic, physics, biology; ethics, politics, rhetoric; motion, theatre, poetry; metaphysics, psychology, dreams, etc.
  • He also tutored Alexander the Great for 3 years, and was a great inspiration to him;
  • The Iliad was the most inspirational thing to Alexander though and he used to to plan many battles

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Last Blog // Letter to my future self

Dear old Gabby, This year has been one of the most surpring and craziest years ever!!!(and it is only the beginning of the year). The begi...